Published Stories and Poems by Gretchen Bassier
- “Seeing is Believing,” Alternate Hilarities 3: Hysterical Realms: http://www.amazon.com/Hysterical-Realms-Alternate-Hilarities-3/dp/0996049290/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432051154&sr=1-1&keywords=hysterical+realms
-In Robin’s village, only girls can see unicorns – and the girls enjoy never letting him forget that fact. After all, nothing could equal the awe, privilege, and sheer wonder of viewing such a majestic and ethereal creature…right? During a fateful trip to the forest, Robin finally gets to find out the truth about unicorns for himself – for better or worse.
- “Nude Kilometer a Modest Success,” Untied Shoelaces of the Mind, Issue #10: http://www.untiedshoelacesofthemind.com/Issue10/nude.php
-You know how some students at the University of Michigan used to run the Naked Mile? Well, this is what happens when U of M-Dearborn tries the same thing…
- “Burn,” Trysts of Fate, August 2014 Issue: http://store.albanlake.com/product/trysts-of-fate-issue-2/
-A female werewolf falls for the wrong guy. Like, really wrong.
- “The Pumpkin Master,” Every Day Fiction: http://www.everydayfiction.com/the-pumpkin-master-by-gretchen-bassier/
-Halloween story about a dude with some really freakin’ great carving skills
- “The Enemy,” Every Day Fiction: http://www.everydayfiction.com/the-enemy-by-gretchen-bassier/
-It’s hard to fight something you can’t even see…
- “Lady Gaga’s Revenge,” Every Day Fiction: http://www.everydayfiction.com/lady-gagas-revenge-by-gretchen-bassier/
-Halloween story about a really pissed off gargoyle
- “Grisly,” Every Day Fiction: http://www.everydayfiction.com/grisly-by-gretchen-bassier/
-Horror story about a terrified girl who doesn’t want to go outside and do her chores, lest she meet a man-eating grizzly…
- “Honest Love,” Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks to My Mom: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chicken-soup-for-the-soul-amy-newmark/1119883887?ean=9781611599459
-A humorous tribute to my first – and greatest – editor: my mom.
- “The Greatest Gift,” Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Did What?: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chicken-soup-for-the-soul-amy-newmark/1119440628?ean=9781611592375
-Some cats bring you dead mice. Some cats bring you…other things.
- “Legacy,” Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dog Did What?: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/chicken-soup-for-the-soul-amy-newmark/1119440627?ean=9781611592382
-Sometimes you teach the dog a new trick – and sometimes the dog teaches you.
- “Giving Tree,” The Detroit Free Press, December 2014: http://www.freep.com/story/life/shopping/georgea-kovanis/2014/12/14/holiday-shopping-haiku-contest-poems/19925181/
-A little haiku about the warmer side of holiday shopping.